May 19 2020 – Adriana Zamudio
Every year a new generation of graduates celebrate their hopes and dreams while we all congratulate them on a job well done and wish them success in the future ahead. But this year will be different. Proms and trips were cancelled, while well wishing has been limited to online cards, zoom meetings and drive by parties. Now we have virtual ceremonies and even virtual diplomas. Everywhere we are having unique celebrations for a different generation.
Yet so much is to be said of this group of brave women who are looking into a very different future from what they expected. The unusual circumstances they are living are teaching them a few more lessons before graduation:
- Resilience. That is the capacity to recover quickly from difficulties, to find new ways of being the best person you can be even in uncertain times. To be tough and authentic during the hard moments in life. It is actually used to describe a quality of metals such as platinum, silver and gold.
- Patience. Nature knows you can't rush a Diamond. Now we are also learning that patience is a virtue. It requires us to wait, to stop rushing and slow down, to delay the immediate in search of something better to come.
- Adaptability. Is the quality of being able to adjust to new conditions, to be modified for a new use or purpose. Everything is different and this generation has adapted, changing everything learned in new and unexpected ways. Like a gemstone that goes from being a rock in a mine to a beautiful jewelry set.
- Faith. That wonderful ability to trust and be hopeful. Trust love, trust the people around us, be hopeful for the future and the best outcome possible. Trust and hope can be a powerful engine and a shining light that guides the way.
- Confidence. It is the trade of modern women everywhere. Now more than ever trust in yourself, in your abilities, your intelligence and charm. This confident group of women is going into this new and unknown future head on with everything they have to give.
So let's celebrate a new Generation of women letting them know we are here for them. This is a year they will not forget. Give them a token, a reminder, a gift of love and hope that they can carry as a charm, as armor as they enter their new battles in uncertain times. Let them know we are all in this together and we are still here to celebrate their hopes and dreams. Ready to congratulate them on a job well done and wish them great success in their bright future ahead.